A second coroner has ruled on Amy Winehouse’s death, confirming that she died of alcohol poisoning. On Tuesday, coroner Shirley Radcliffe released a report saying that Winehouse died of “alcohol toxicity” and ruled her death “death by misadventure.” Via New York Times:

Ms. Winehouse was a critically acclaimed singer who won multiple Grammy Awards for her 2006 retro-soul album “Back to Black.” She was found dead in her London home on July 23, 2011, with empty vodka bottles scattered around her body. She had long suffered from alcoholism and drug addiction.

The coroner said Ms. Winehouse’s blood had five times the legal limit for alcohol for driving in Britain, a lethal level of 0.4 percent. A pathologist testified during the 45-minute hearing at St. Pancras Coroner’s Court that such a high concentration would cause respiratory arrest.

Christina Romete, a doctor who had treated Ms. Winehouse for addiction, said she had given up illegal drugs like heroin, crack cocaine and marijuana, but had struggled to stop drinking. Dr. Romete said Ms. Winehouse had begun drinking a few days before her death after two weeks of avoiding alcohol. “She said she started drinking again because she felt bored,” Dr. Romete said.

The original coroner’s report from 2011 was thrown out last month after it was found that the coroner who wrote it didn’t have the proper qualifications, and had been appointed to the position by her husband.

Click Here